Thursday 09 June 2022
REGISTRATION & INFORMATION
Hyatt Regency Hotel
AMICE GENERAL MEETING
Rhein-Main Ballroom, Hyatt Regency
OPENING OF THE CONGRESS
Fostering resilience: a supervisor’s perspective
Fausto Parente, Executive Director, EIOPA
SESSION I | BUILDING RESILIENCE & SUSTAINABILITY
Outcome-based approaches for sustainability and resilience
Professor Michael Mainelli, Co-founder Z/Yen
Sustainability is the overarching theme for all developments at European level, and the only true route to long-term resilience. Insurers have a vital role to play not just as risk takers through underwriting activities but also as substantial investors. Investment policies increasingly need to align with sustainability objectives, and new strategies need to be considered such as outcome-based approaches.
With resilience, the mutual/cooperative insurance sector can rise to the challenge of the sustainability agenda
Moderator: Susanne von Hopffgarten
Butch Bacani, Programme Leader, UN’s Principles for Sustainable Insurance Initiative (PSI)
Eric Van la Beck, Senior SRI Adviser, OFI Asset Management
Philipp Bäcker, Head of Sustainability, R+V
Catherine Hock, VP International Relations, ICMIF
Despite multiple challenges faced by the insurance industry, including its emergence from the Covid-19 pandemic, the transition to sustainable underwriting and investing can be a positive disruption. In this session, we assess why the mutual/cooperative insurance sector is well placed to integrate climate change into risk management frameworks, manage its exposures, and find solutions to promote resilience.
The panel will discuss:
- How are mutual/cooperative insurers embracing the challenge of sustainability in practice?
- Where next for sustainable insurance? What are the top priorities?
- How do we make sustainability a key component across our businesses?
- As insurers work to assess and manage their own climate risk exposure, how can the sector work together to promote climate resilience and advance the transition to a sustainable economy? How do we help to set the standard for insurance industry best practice?
- How can the policy and regulatory regime help to drive effective action to address climate change?
- Are Europe’s net zero targets really achievable, and what can we do to ensure that they are met?
Fort Malakoff, Hyatt Regency
Network with peers and take part in one-to-one or roundtable chats to discuss industry trends and share best practice tips.
This section of the Congress programme enables delegates to set their own agendas, to connect with colleagues for individual or group meetings. There will also be two organised activities during this period for interested delegates:
- Optional workshop:
Socially responsible investing and the mutual insurance community – the results of research undertaken by AMICE supporting member OFI Asset Management of the AMICE membership’s SRI activities, and how to optimise such programmes.
- Mutual communications brainstorm:
an informal gathering of communications professionals from mutual/cooperative insurers to share experience and ideas.
Shuttle Bus to Gala Dinner, Main Entrance Hyatt Regency
GALA DINNER | KLOSTER EBERBACH
19:15-20:00: Reception drinks and choral performance in the Basilica
20:15: Dinner in the Lay Dormitory
23:00: Final departure to Hyatt Regency, Mainz